The Senior Coordinator, Annual Giving secures funds and resources for UHCL through the development and implementation of annual giving programs. With the Director of Alumni Engagement, develops and implements a strategic communication approach to consistent and targeted constituent groups. Develops and reports on metrics for each year, increasing results in both donor retention and acquisition. Plans and executes related activities as it relates to annual giving and alumni engagement. Coordinates outreach activities with alumni engagement office to network with alumni and secure annual gifts. Assists in building donor base for potential major gift donor prospects, including building own portfolio of prospects.
Develops and implements an annual giving program which includes but is not limited to solicitations via direct mail, telefund, e-solicitations, alumni programs, young alumni giving, faculty/staff giving and student giving programs within standards set by the Office of University Advancement. Provides guidance, as needed, to volunteers involved in fundraising related activities. Participates in University Advancement activities as needed.
Works in conjunction with Director of Alumni Engagement on alumni outreach activities where alumni are encouraged to give annually to UHCL. Assists with the development and preparation of acknowledgments, newsletters, brochures, press releases, reports, correspondences and solicitation materials for various advancement activities. Seeks to provide consistency and quality across all activities.
Works in conjunction with the Development team on Annual Giving metrics, building a portfolio of prospects for personal asks and on understanding UHCL's overall approach to the development process.
Develops programs utilizing the UH Mobile Cause platform for increasing giving through social media, texting and other communication technologies. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
2. Three years of annual giving, fundraising or similar sales, communication or direct marketing experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, high level of professionalism with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of colleague including internal and external constituents of the university.
4. Highly motivated, very organized creative, analytical and project management skills.
5. Computer skills such as all Microsoft Office products, database experience, desktop publishing experience.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with excellent creative writing skills and good proof reading skills. Understanding of donor segmentation and acquisition.
7. Ability to handle multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines with impeccable attention to detail.
8. Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgement, maintain confidentiality and act upon decisions within scope of delegated authority. Ability to recruit, engage and work with volunteers for fundraising on behalf of UHCL.
9. Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
Education/experience in marketing, communications, English or equivalent discipline Five years of annual giving experience in higher-education at a comparable institution.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience.
About University of Houston-Clear Lake
More Than Just a CollegeAt University of Houston-Clear Lake, you'll experience:real connections with faculty members who are experts in their fields.a valuable education that is recognized by leading national accrediting agencies in education, social work, sciences and more. A beautiful, safe campus on 524 acres of natural green space entertainment, sports and arts within a half-hour drive. Many global influences through a diverse community of students, faculty, staff and alumni. 9000+students68k+alumni90+degree programs We are University of Houston-Clear Lake, and we have been opening doors for accessible education since 1974. As part of the University of Houston System, we offer more than 90 graduate and undergraduate programs online or face-to-face at locations in Clear Lake, Pearland and the Texas Medical Center. Across our four colleges — the College of Business, College of Education, College of Human Sciences and Humanities, and College of Science and Engineering — student experiences inside and outside of the classroom demonstrate our impact beyond the campus. With 100 student organizations and various campus traditions, you have plenty of opportunities to get involved an...d form new friendships. A Growing CampusOver the past five years, we've achieved several milestones that will make your college experience at UHCL a memorable one. We began offering freshman- and sophomore-level classes in 2014 hit record enrollment in fall 2018, allowing more students achieve their goals. We opened three new buildings between 2018-19 to create more space for learning and expanded programs in our dynamic theater and art gallery. And the best part? We continue to grow. Here, you'll discover a diverse destination where everyone can thrive. Here, your opportunities are endless.