Under the general supervision of the vice president of member services, this position provides leadership and strategic planning, and delivers of training programs and meets established revenue goals. This position researches, identifies and implements new business opportunities regarding training programs and materials; works with the vice president of member services to ensure the production and administration of effective training, educational programs, and other department programs and products; manages program and department budgets to meet target and leads department staff to successful outcomes.
· Under the general supervision of the vice president of member services this position carries out planning, design, and implementation of all training department programs.
· With oversight from the vice president of member services, develops the department’s strategic and operational plans; develops and manages training and products budgets to meet revenue targets and approves forecast changes to meet strategic goals.
· Conducts market research and makes recommendations for new training programs, products and partnerships in the federal, state, local, and private sectors and with industry-related organizations; seeks out cooperative training opportunities; networks to drive training business growth.
· Manages the development of relevant programs and course; ensures current course offering is up to date; in consultation with staff, approves delivery format improvements.
· Exhibits at industry trade shows to promote ATSSA training and products and other association services.
· With the approval of the Certification Board evaluates, updates, and maintains certification procedures and criteria for ATSSA training courses that offer certification; manages the Certification Board, develops and manages the accreditation program and promotes certification through ATSSA publications.
· Writes proposals and produces RFPs for training related services and products.
· Manages the instructor recruitment and training process.
· Manages the annual convention workshop process; attends convention and manages assigned workshops serving as ATSSA booth personnel and performing other duties as assigned.
· Works with marketing department in their development and execution of the training marketing and communications plans
· Serves as staff manager of ATSSA committees as assigned.
· Develops and maintains department’s strategic plan and ensures that assigned goals and objectives are met by established deadlines.
· Manages training department staff.
· Manages the association’s member work force development activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree in adult education or related field and a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience is preferred, however a combination of education and substantial experience may be accepted. Experience working with certification boards and a strong understanding of certification criteria is preferred.
Well organized; strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to apply principles of adult learning theory and instructional design in development of live and distant learning activities; strong supervisory skills; ability to bring projects to completion within the schedule provided; flexibility and ability to adapt to change quickly; computer literate; knowledgeable on existing and emerging training techniques as they apply to adult education and ability to produce accurate budget and forecast changes.
The American Traffic Safety Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Traffic Safety Services Association
The American Traffic Safety Services Association, an international trade association, is located in Fredericksburg, Va. Since 1969, ATSSA has represented companies and individuals in the traffic control and roadway safety industry. Over 1,600 ATSSA members provide the majority of features, services and devices used to make our nation's roadways safer. These include pavement markings, road signs, work zone traffic control devices, guardrail, and other roadside safety features.