Our Development Team is growing! HopeWorks (voted one of the top workplaces for 2019 by the Albuquerque Journal) is looking for a candidate who has a minimum of 3-5 years of development experience, who is looking to take that next step in his/her professional growth. Only those with a passion for our mission need apply. We need someone who is self-motivated, highly intelligent, and dedicated to the development profession.
This position will provide administrative and technical support to the Development team; draft/edit funding and stewardship materials,with an ability to write to multiple audiences; coordinate donor development and cultivation activities; assist with Board and Development meetings; and provide support for other development activities as assigned.
The right individual will be able to project manage efficiently, balancing between administrative/technical tasks and larger,transformational projects with ease and aplomb. This individual will need little to no oversight and will come to the table with creative ideas and the desire to advance our mission. This member will also need to have some management experience to keep office flow going when the Development Director is not in the office.
- Primarily provide support for Development Director.
- Maintain/update Donor Perfect records as it relates to major and planned giving and events.
- Research/write/submit grants as needed – both private and government, as well as coordinate signatures for key documents and contracts.
- Communicate effectively with other departments to gather information as needed and hold others accountable.
- Coordinate special events and provide follow-up to donors and sponsors.
- Work with Development Director on ensuring consistent communication with donors and stakeholders.
- Assist Development Director with maintaining a donor base and keeping donors informed on opportunities, needs and events. Sometimes this will require participating in donor meetings or speaking on behalf of the agency.
- Assist Development Director with the design and execution of major gifts, monthly giving, annual fund, newsletter, planned giving, and direct mail campaigns.
- Assist Development Director with securing corporate sponsorships for events.
- Write and maintain fundraising standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide input on Development Plan and future development initiatives.
- Assist with capital outlay process, as well as an anticipated capital campaign.
- Ability to juggle large-scale, strategic projects with day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Other development activities and events as assigned.