The Associate, Development position plays a central role in the successful operation of the ULI Foundation fundraising program. As part of that program, core responsibilities will include maintaining donor information in the prospect-tracking management and membership systems, supporting development professionals through various development initiatives, including correspondence, creation and dispersion of memorandums, thank-you letters, in addition to travel, scheduling, and logistic support as needed.
• Provide support for all aspects of donor meetings for the team, including scheduling meetings, orchestrating donor reports, preparing materials for visits, and managing pre-and post-visit activities, including cultivation and stewardship activities.
• Process gifts on behalf of the development team and ensure accurate allocation to funds while maintaining donor confidentiality.
• Facilitate the acknowledgment process to ensure that donors receive thank-you letters and gift receipts in a timely manner; provide weekly gift journal reports to team members and generate and mail weekly thank-you letters.
• Manage arrangements for fundraising travel for all members of the team and create itineraries for necessary members.
• Assist fundraisers in expense reporting and provide administrative assistance to other members of the team as needed.
• Provide administrative support and execution for the Fall Meeting, the Spring Meeting, and other Foundation-related events.
• Facilitate signatures for acknowledgments, grant agreements, and other documents.
• Assist with developing PowerPoint presentations for foundation and major donor meetings.
• Provide support to the Vice President, Advancement Communications, in the production of electronic and print communications materials.
• Leverage ULI’s member management system and the CRM to ensure that donor records include accurate gift history, solicitation, and stewardship strategies, and are properly coded to ensure accurate reporting.
• Assist the Senior Associate, Prospect Research and Development with prospect research activities on a case-by-case basis.
• Maintain comprehensive files and data, including financial gift records and donor lists, proposals, history, tracking, and accountability reports.
• Track donor activity, solicitations, pledges, and gifts for the office and prepare reports based on all donor activity.
• Organize and attend meetings; take minutes as needed.
• Perform administrative tasks as needed.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred.
• Strong CRM and database skills; netFORUM or Dynamics365 experience a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities while remaining flexible, proactive, and highly professional.
• Strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to liaise with key stakeholders.
• Ability to quickly adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities. Must be able to prioritize work and manage several projects at once.
• Ability to create, maintain, and produce highly sensitive confidential information and documents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time
ULI - the Urban Land Institute is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit research and education organization supported by its members.Founded in 1936, the institute now has over 40,000 members worldwide representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines, working in private enterprise and public service.As the preeminent, multidisciplinary real estate forum, ULI facilitates the open exchange of ideas, information and experience among local, national and international industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating better places.The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.Members say that ULI is a trusted idea place where leaders come to grow professionally and personally through sharing, mentoring, and problem solving. With pride, ULI members commit to the best in land use policy and practice.