The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is eager to hire a program manager for an exciting new aerospace cybersecurity initiative. This position includes the development of a program strategy and management of a matrixed team to complete market analysis and develop new product plans related to the cybersecurity interests of the aerospace community. The ideal candidate will be a proven relationship builder and excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and knowledge or the aerospace and cybersecurity sectors. Candidates with a minimum of 5 years consulting or industry experience in all facets of project management and product development (nontechnical) are encouraged to apply. This temporary assignment has the potential for conversion to a staff position after six months.
• Manage the AIAA aerospace cybersecurity program and its portfolio of projects, establishing performance metrics and evaluation controls, coordinating shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects ensuring that project deliverables are integrated to achieve the overall program goals(s) • Develop and maintain an overall program schedule establishing milestones to monitor adherence to program master plans and schedules • Provide oversight to multiple project teams, including any sub-contractors • Develop and manage program financials including forecasting, project profitability, and expense management • Maintain internal and external relationships keeping stakeholders engaged in the program • Develop and communicate cohesive recommendations to senior personnel
• Create and present program strategy and vision including the analytical information required to support executive decision making • Manage program to ensure adherence to overall project scope with an eye toward enhancing AIAA’s brand within the cybersecurity sector and attracting new individual and corporate members • Develop external talent and resource requirements • Build, mentor and lead matrixed teams capable of executing all aspects of program and related project execution • Monitor team results against the program schedule and remediate any schedule slippages, dependencies, or roadblocks • Prioritize team workload to meet deadlines and work objectives effectively • Prepare and deliver regular status reports on the program's achievements, risks, and issues and document progress toward achieving program goals and deliverables • Interact with senior leaders as necessary and provide development and program recommendations • Develop evaluation and control metrics and associated reports that accurately measure progress and identify risk elements with enough time for corrective action to be taken • Manage the financial processes for the program • Manage RFQ/RFP/RFI process for any external resources or subcontractors required
• Reports to Managing Director, Integrated Product and Program Development • Has no direct supervisory responsibilities
• Manage a matrixed team to ensure right skills are employed and deployed to projects • Collaborate with other staff as appropriate to accomplish goals/objectives • Participate in sales and marketing initiatives including the launch of new and the expansion of existing projects/products • Support the development of internal processes, documentation and knowledge sharing • Work through and across both AIAA’s volunteer and staff infrastructure • Travel approximately 3 times per year, principally within the United States
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business administration or information assurance • Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in program management, advocacy, communications, aerospace, IT security, or related fields • Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging cyber security risks, mitigations, risk management strategies • Experience in or knowledge of the aerospace and/or cybersecurity industries and policies preferred • CISM and/or PMP certification, a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of program management processes and tools; specifically, product development • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels • Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project (or similar project management software) • Demonstrated experience in all phases of non-technology project lifecycle including the identification of the business problem, business case and project plan development through project management and closeout • Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment • Strong leadership, communication and motivational skills; ability to create a positive and productive work environment • Ability to handle pressure and multitask balancing program workload and staffing according to project and organizational priorities and goals • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail • Ability to apply knowledge of industry, industry trends, and technical topics to enhance communication strategies, policy discussions, and product development • Ability to interface effectively with external clients, volunteer leadership, and internal team members • Strong financial, business, and marketing analysis skills • Relationship-building skills
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics 12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200 Reston, VA 20191 www.aiaa.org
About American Institute Of Aeronautics and Astronautics