The Director of Development and Communications will directly execute and manage all aspects of the Girl Scouts of Central California (GSCCS) development (fundraising) efforts. This role requires a highly strategic and visionary person, as they will work directly with the CEO to create, launch, and manage a new strategic development plan. This position will be a member of the GSCCS Executive Leadership team, which also includes the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Controller. Leading a team of two Development staff and two Communications staff, the Director of Development and Communications will personally solicit and manage a development target of approximately $1 million within their first year of service. Under the new Director of Development and Communications’ leadership, it is expected that the amount raised will increase each year, as the Director of Development and Communications and the CEO will systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
The Director of Development and Communications also serves as a frontline fundraiser, with an emphasis on growing the organization’s individual donor portfolio, by building and maintaining close relationships with key donors. This is a high-profile position, requiring strong networking and donor cultivation skills. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships with individuals in the community to build GSCCS’ visibility and financial resources.
The Director of Development and Communications role is a tremendous opportunity for someone passionate about our mission, which is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place!
• Visionary: A strategic thinker who can drive the vision for GSCCS fundraising efforts, which ultimately benefits the lives of girls throughout our community.
• Servant-Leader: Leads with humility, empathy and awareness; actively contributes to employees’ ability to reach their goals and thrive at GSCCS.
• Collaborative: Fosters a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment.
• Community-minded: Skilled at connecting with individuals across all socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, and professional backgrounds in the community.
• Proactive & Perseverant: A self-starter who demonstrates strong personal initiative and the ability to drive projects through to completion.
• Positive: Charismatic, warm and welcoming; a true “people-person.”
• Growth Mindset: Says “yes” to appropriate, new opportunities and ideas for GSCCS.
• Analytical: Ability to carefully study issues, identify trends and formulate new ideas.
• Metrics-Driven: An innovative thinker, pairing ideas with solutions and measurable outcomes.
• Adaptive: Comfortable with multi-tasking; able to work both independently and in teams.
• Reflective: Skilled at receiving and giving feedback and performance critiques.
• Tact & Diplomacy: Patient, willing and able to have the difficult conversations as required.
• Communicative: Strong written and oral communication skills. An effective public speaker and representative of the organization.
• Flexible: Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
About Girl Scouts of Central CA South
Girl Scouts of Central CA South builds girls with courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.