Reporting to the Love INC of Lancaster County Board of Directors, the Executive Director is an individual who provides direction, leadership, and oversight toward the achievement of the vision and mission statements of Love INC. The Executive Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the strategic goals and objectives of Love INC Lancaster County, in order to ensure the operational, fiscal, and moral sustainability of the ministry. Essential functions of the Executive Director position include development and fundraising (75%), and the oversight of the day-to-day operations of LOVE INC Lancaster Country (25%).
II. Specific Position Responsibilities
1. Develop, plan, and oversee the fundraising strategies for Love INC Lancaster County. 2. Execute donor fundraising strategies based on annual income goals, budget, and ministry opportunities. 3. Identify, engage, and cultivate prospective donors capable and willing to participant in Love INC’s planned giving options. 4. Maintain and continue to foster current donor relationships. 5. Produce and implement a communications plan that informs campaign donors, volunteers, and other Love INC Lancaster Country constituents about campaign objectives and progress. 6. Provide direction and oversight for donor recognition, including annual reports of gifts, gift publicity, plaques, etc. 7. Arrange quarterly fundraising reports for the Board of Directors. 8. Plan, facilitate, and execute yearly fundraising events. 9. Manage the Love INC Lancaster County ministry team, including staff oversight, performance evaluations, and professional development. 10. Facilitate training sessions, staff development, and workshops for the Love INC Lancaster Country ministry team. 11. Oversee the LOVE INC Clearinghouse operations and its ministry impact. Includes supervision of the Clearinghouse coordinator, program manager, and related staff and volunteers. Develop growth strategies as appropriate. 12. Plan and execute volunteer meetings/workshops. 13. Oversee the recruitment of interns and the internship program at Love INC Lancaster County. 14. Manage the social media outreach efforts for Love INC Lancaster Country.
III. General Position Responsibilities
1. Maintain and model the mission, vision, and values of Love INC. 2. Provide spiritual leadership in all areas of the organization. 3. Competently manage organizational resources (employed staff, volunteers, marketing materials, finances, etc.). 4. Conduct presentations for partner organizations/church stakeholders about the mission of Love INC and the ministry opportunities it offers Lancaster Country. 5. Work closely with the Board of Directors to safeguard proper governance, direction and leadership of the organization. 6. In cooperation with the Board of Directors, ensure that Love INC Lancaster Country generates revenue sufficient to meet ministry expenses. 7. Travel regularly throughout Lancaster Country in order to meet, engage, and congregate with current or potential Love INC donors, in order to continue to grow the ministry’s influence. 8. Be accountable for the overall success of the organization’s mission effectiveness and fiscal stability. 9. Serve as the affiliate’s primary liaison with the LOVE INC National Headquarters. 10. Exhibit excellent independent judgment and discretion. 11. Embody the values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and drive. 12. Treat each member of the Love INC Lancaster County ministry team with fairness, dignity and respect, seeking a spirit of unity and harmony. 13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Full-time, salaried.
V. Accountability and Oversight
1. Reports to: The Love INC Lancaster County Board of Directors 2. Supervises: Homes of Hope Coordinator, Clearinghouse Coordinator, Ministry Assistant, and Clerical Assistant.
VI. Position Dimensions
1. Employees Supervised: 4 2. Budget: $200,000 +
How to Apply Submit the following documents to email@example.com Cover letter Resume
VII. Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ. 2. Affirming of the Apostles’ Creed. 3. A mature Christian with a strong commitment to the Church, and to the mission and vision of Love INC, and its mandate to serve others as an agent of transformation. 4. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred. 5. A significant understanding of nonprofit fundraising and management. 6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an array of other social media platforms. 7. Experience managing staff and volunteers. 8. Strong presentation skills and experience communicating in front of large crowds. 9. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours as required. 10. Ability to investigate and analyze information, engage in critical thinking and problem solving, and maintain the confidentiality of information. 11. Detail-oriented and able to multitask amidst multiple interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
About LOVE INC. Lancaster County
Love INC (Love in the Name of Christ) is a network of over 165 Lancaster County churches from 24 different denominations that allows individual congregations to come together to meet the needs of those in our community, one need at a time, by connecting caring church volunteers with people in need of their unique gifts.